[vox-tech] Debian configuration: X and modem and zip]

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Sat Jul 24 11:50:28 PDT 2004

On Sat 24 Jul 04, 11:40 AM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> said:
> Quoting Peter Jay Salzman (p at dirac.org):
>
> > that said, i totally agree with your conclusion.    :-)
>
> Yeah, I see a lot of AMD64/Linux in professional work, and it'll spoil
> you:  The performance levels are just crazy-fast.  I have to kind of
> compartmentalise my perceptions, so that coming home to my Mobile
> PII/366 laptop isn't a shock.

heh.  my main workstation is a dual celeron 333.    :)   used to be
noisy as heck, but i just bought an accousticase, which really quieted
things down a LOT.

in celebration of doom III, i'm currently building an XP 3200 for my new
gaming machine, though.  waiting on my sata drive.

pete

--
In theory, theory and practise are the same.  In practise, they aren't.