[vox-tech] rusty newbie CD mounting woes

Bryan Richter vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:50:21 -0800

Particularly, "dmesg | grep hd" will mainly print out lines that deal
with your IDE devices. ide-scsi is required for cd writing, but the
normal ide module should work for reading. However, maybe ide-scsi is
already running on your system? Look for /dev/cdrw or /dev/scd0 (my
cd writer is /dev/scd0), or maybe look in the config file /dev/fstab
to see if your distro is a couple steps ahead of you and already has a
directory and mount options set up for your device.

-Bryan