[vox-tech] debian woody sources for openoffice

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 15:47:45 -0800

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

This will happen if you don't run `apt-get update` to update the =20
package lists to list the current versions of software that are on the =20
server. This copies the package lists to your hard drive.

This is a separate step from actually upgrading or installing software, =20
because when you're installing and uninstalling lots of software you =20
don't want to download the lists from the server every time (they're =20
about 10 megabytes in aggregate), and apt can't work with the packages =20
lists when they're on the internet.