[vox-tech] Kernel Panic

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Fri Dec 24 11:22:20 PST 2004

On Friday 24 December 2004 10:01 am, Bill Wells wrote:
> From the suse security announcements mail list
>
> could this shed any light on the problem

Yes indeed - nice find!  I was wondering what the "-um"
stuff was.  So the fix would be the second of my suggested
alternatives:

On Thursday 23 December 2004 10:00 pm, Rod Roark wrote:
>   cd <mountpoint>/boot
>   rm initrd
>   ln -s initrd-2.6.8-24.10-default initrd

By the way initrd stands for "initial ramdisk".  It's where
kernel modules needed at boot time are stored, and makes it
possible (for example) to boot from a reiserfs filesystem
even though reiserfs is not statically compiled into the
kernel.

-- Rod