[vox-tech] Installing from .gz archive?

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Wed Dec 1 16:41:37 PST 2004

I'm attempting to install LuMiX (http://www.lumixtech.com) from the CD
that they sent me.  The instructions that came with the CD say to gunzip
and untar the files onto a bootable partition on the destination
computer's hard drive.

Unfortunately, I'm at a loss here.  I've installed Linux plenty of
times, but it's always been from a boot CD: Red Hat, Fedora, Debian.
SuSE, etc.  Not once have I installed from a .gz archive.

Assuming that the target computer currently has Windows 95 on it, how do
I go about installing this distro on this computer?  I know how to
gunzip and untar, of course, but I don't know how to get to the point
where I can start doing that.

--
Richard S. Crawford / http://www.mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K / ICQ: 11646404 / Y!: rscrawford