[vox-tech] debian woody to sarge upgrade = dead xserver

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Aug 24 15:35:51 PDT 2004

Quoting Kevin Murakoshi (kevin.murakoshi at gmail.com):

> If you just moved to the 2.6 kernel, then you will need to load some
> mouse modules at boot (I had this problem with X when i switched to
> 2.6); you need "mousedev'" and "psmouse".

Man, I'm _so_ glad you posted that.  I couldn't get X running on a 2.6
kernel (on my old laptop) for love nor money, and didn't have time to
spend doing hours of diagnosis, and so retreated to 2.4, pending having
time to look into it.

I'm sorry to not have anything useful to say about Ashleigh's situation,
but concur that relevant clues may be findable in the logs.