[vox-tech] debian woody to sarge upgrade = dead xserver

Kevin Murakoshi kevin.murakoshi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 15:26:14 PDT 2004

Yeah, just the error message is not much help, you really want to look
at the lines above it, where it talks about what screens it is using.
There should be a section above where it talks about what particular
thing errored.

If you just moved to the 2.6 Kernel then you will need to load some
mouse modules at boot (I had this problem with X when i switched to
2.6) you need "mousedev'" and "psmouse".

If you could it would be nice to see the whole XF86Config-4 file and
the output from /var/log/XFree86.0.log.

--kevin