[vox-tech] /etc/devfsd.conf equivalent for udev?

Jonathan Stickel vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:51:56 -0700

I've just started using udev since devfs is supposedly deprecated in 2.6
kernels.  It all seems to work OK, at least for my setup.

I since my handspring PDA through /dev/pilot, which now links to
/dev/tts/USB1.  With devfs I added some lines to /etc/devfsd.conf which
automatically ran my syncing program when I pushed the cradle button:

#configure USB, specifically so that jpilot syncs when Visor cradle
button is pushed; JJS 12 Feb 04
REGISTER        ^usb            PERMISSIONS     0.0     0777
REGISTER        ^usb/tts        PERMISSIONS     0.0     0777
REGISTER        ^usb/tts/1      EXECUTE       /bin/su jjstickel -c
"/usr/bin/jpilot-sync"

I can't seem to find an equivalent file for udev.  There exists
/etc/udev/udev.conf, udev.permissions, and udev.rules, but the contents
are very different from devfsd.conf.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jonathan