[vox-tech] Re: [vox-if] Help please - must be root to play audio CD

Trevor M. Lango vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:26:10 -0700

What are the contents of /etc/fstab?  There should be a line something
like this:

/dev/hdc	/mnt/cdrom	auto	noauto,ro,user,exec	0 0

The "user" and "exec" options are needed for ordinary users to be able
to execute files of any type off of a cdrom.