[vox-tech] one of the most pernicious spams i've ever seen.

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:18:26 -0700

--mxv5cy4qt+RJ9ypb

On 2003.09.25 07:46, Rob Rogers wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 07:24:56AM -0700, p@dirac.org wrote:
> >
> > i didn't know this.  so, an URL is of the form:
> >
> > URL =3D user:password@url
> >
> > where lowercase "url" is what i used to think of as being an url.
> and
> > the "user:password@" portion is optional.
>=20
> Right. You've probably even seen it for an ftp url...works the same
> way
> for http, just not seen as often.
>=20
> As a side note, Opera gave me the following in a popup when I tried =20
> click on your URL
>=20
> Security warning:
>=20
> You are about to go to an address containing a username.
>=20
>   Username: www.citibank.com
>   Server: a3ksd.pisem.net
>=20
> Are you sure you want to go to this address?
>=20
>=20
> This would be a nice feature for the open source browsers (some may
> even
> have it already...I'm stuck on Windows at the moment, so I can't
> check)

Galeon does not do this. I think I'll file a wishlist item for it on =20
Debian's BTS.

My key was last signed 6/10/2003. If you use GPG, *please* see me about

--mxv5cy4qt+RJ9ypb

--mxv5cy4qt+RJ9ypb--