[vox-tech] the answer to all my virus problems

vox-tech@lists.lugod.org vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:32:09 -0700

hi dylan,

the short answer (as in "i want these virus messages to stop RIGHT
NOW!") would be to use the procmail filter i posted.

now, about a better solution.  the postfix way of doing it is all over
the net.  exim seems a bit tougher.  that said, i find it excruciatingly
hard to believe that a popular MTA like exim would have such a gaping
hole in functionality.

i found this:

   http://www.concretecow.com/denny/content/?article=2

but have not gotten it to work yet (there is a bit of a confusion what
the "name" of this computer is, for reasons that are longer than they
are interesting.  that could be messing things up).

hope that helps.  if you figure this out one way or the other, i'd
appreciate it if you could post your results!

pete