[vox-tech] the answer to all my virus problems

dylan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:29:00 -0800

have been lurking for the past few days paying close attention to this
thread.... however, has anyone figured out how to reject these kind of
messages at the door with EXIM ?

i am using a combination of exim and courier (Maildir delivery), and was
wondering if it would be possible to drop these messages with my
configuration.

also, is there any good way to strip HTML from email messages with exim?
right now, i am running all messages through the a hack of a filter written
in AWK. it removes a lot of the HTML, however, i can't use something like:

awk '
{gsub(/</?[^>]*>/,"\n")}
{print}
'
...because it mangles some important parts of the actualy messages, such as
the TO and FROM headers....

any ideas for an EXIM user who is tired of these stupid email viruses
wasting my time.

thanks in advance,

dylan

on 03.9.20 4:44 PM, Rod Roark at rod@sunsetsystems.com was reported to have