[vox-tech] winex (Was Re: dual booting with win2k woes)

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:53:05 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Bryan Richter wrote:

> Thanks for reminding me about dosemu. Another program I was wanting
> to run was Thrustmaster C&CC, the utility used for programming TM
> joysticks and throttles. It's a DOS program.
> (apt-get install... attempt to run...)
> Ok, what does "Sorry, there is no operating system. Have a nice day!"
> mean? Hahaha so much to learn.

>From my experience, it's easiest to compile DOSEMU from source.  I
couldn't get the DOSEMU in Debian repository (stable) working either.

As for your error message, DOSEMU emulates the PC hardware and BIOS but
you still need a DOS to run on top of DOSEMU.  If you have an old MSDOS or
IBMDOS (or even DR-DOS!), whip it out.  Otherwise you can get a FreeDOS to
work with it.  As for getting DOS to work with DOSEMU, I'll leave that as
an exercise to the reader.  =)

If there's enough request, I can give the DOSEMU talk.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius