[vox-tech] rpm that refuses to go away

Jonathan Stickel vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:35:46 -0800

This is a general annoyance of the rpm system.  To install an rpm, you
include  the entire filename.  To uninstall, you include just the
program name, with no version number/name.  It is not always clear what
the core name is supposed to be...

I'm guessing for your case, you just need to use "hsfmodem".  First try
to query the package:

rpm -q hsfmodem

If it tells you it exists, then try:

rpm -e hsfmodem