[vox-tech] Serial on RedHat 9?

Mitch Patenaude vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 23:40:33 -0800

On Monday, Nov 3, 2003, at 23:24 US/Pacific, Ken Bloom wrote:
> check out your kernel configuration files (which list the options your
> kernel was compiled with) in /boot and look for CONFIG_SERIAL

I forgot that the config file was in /boot...  CONFIG_SERIAL=y
So it should be in there..

> also, see whether your kernel is recognizing the serial port with
> dmesg|grep ttyS

No joy... this is beginning to sound like a PnP problem... I hate PnP,
and it's nonsensical for things like com ports.

> you also cut off /proc/ioports too early

I cut it off, but it's not there...

I'm gonna play with PnP settings in the BIOS, but last time I did that
I lost access under windows as well.

Thanks for the help.
   -- Mitch