[vox-tech] GL apps not running, NVIDIA X11 module

Thu, 29 May 2003 18:33:02 -0700

On Thu 29 May 03,  6:22 PM, ME <dugan@passwall.com> said:
> Weird, I DL, and built it. It seems to work. Also using Debian 3.0 with
> Nvidia. Not sure what speed is supposed to be reported. Is 2000FPS a good
> thing or a bad thing?

good.  pretty amazing, actually.

> 2000FPS when running in its default window.
> When I go FullScreen, it drops to ~200FPS
> When I minimize ot or cover it, I get ~9000FPS

wierd.  GL should be largely (but not completely) independent of window
size.  200 is unbelievably crappy.  as in, there are gremlins painting
the inside of your monitor by candlelight.  you should not be getting
200.

9000?!?

on a heavily loaded 333MHz dual celeron (cpu as well as disk loaded)
with a voodoo 5, i get about 600fps.

> I guess this is a tool to estimate FPS for First Person Shooters?

operationally.  it's more to help determine whether you have a healthy
gl system.

those numbers are just wierd though.

pete