[vox-tech] Wireless card seems to "freeze" my wireless network

Richard S. Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
26 May 2003 16:52:01 -0700

On Sat, 2003-05-24 at 09:11, ME wrote:
> Version of pcmcia-cs?
>
> I knew someone who was running RedHat who tried to get this card to work.
> For them, it was a matter of getting the latest version of pcmcia-cs and
> building by hand. He did not need or use WEP however.

Actually, the laptop is running Debian 3.0r1. ;-)

pcmcia-cs, orinoco, etc., are all up to date, and the Netgear card I
have is supported.

I ended up trying to upgrade the WAP's firmware; unfortunately,
something went terribly wrong while I was doing that, and the WAP was
unusable after that.  So I had to go buy a new one.  The new one has a
newer version of the firmware, and it seems to be working just fine with
my wireless card in my Debian laptop.

So, thanks for the suggestions. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Now, if only I could get GNOME working on my Debian laptop, life would
be really good.  :)

Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford