Upgrading XFree86 on Debian Stable (was Re: [vox-tech] hdparm for scsi emulated CDROM drives?

Mon, 19 May 2003 09:54:30 -0700

On Mon 19 May 03,  9:47 AM, Richard Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com> opined:
> Pete wrote,
>
> > has anyone complained about unfriendly installers before?
>
> Rusty the installer was great to work with.  Debian the installer probably
> would have stumped a Red Hat guy like me without some hand-holding, but
> not for more than a day or two.

ha ha ha...  ok, i get it.  sorry for being so dense.   :)

> > don't know much about wireless cards, but there were some vox-tech
> > threads that might be helpful.  i'm sure there's a howto.  to be honest,
> > the whole pcmcia on linux thing is a black box to me.
>
> I remember those threads on vox-tech now.  Shame on me, that should have
> been the first place for me to look.

i wish i could point you to the PCMCIA howto, but i never really found
that document to be particularly helpful.   :(   but i suppose it really
should be the first thing to look at by default.

there has to be something more helpful that's googleable.

what you have going for you is that there's no distro specific way of
doing it on debian.  in other words, we really don't have a drake
control program or yast.  the way you do it is the way those tools do it
too.  good learning opportunity in the process.

pete