[vox-tech] hdparm for scsi emulated CDROM drives?

Rob Rogers vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 19 May 2003 12:33:51 -0400

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 12:07:04PM -0400, Mike Simons wrote:

> Rob,
>
>   When you get a chance try installing Debian stable (aka woody)...
> if it gives you too much trouble, at least skim through the installation
> instructions:
>
>   http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual
>     (you will have to select your platform and perferred language)
>

>   Also keep in mind you should try Debian again when the next stable
> release comes out... there is a much smoother install system that has
> been in the works for years now, but it didn't make the cut last time
> stable was released, it may be done next time.

Actually, I installed woody 2 days ago without any problem. Not sure
what the difference was from the last 2 times...maybe I'm just a little
more experienced now. I was inspired to install it after hearing you and
Bill talk about it for 3 days at GTC. Plus I got to feeling guilty that
my wife's computer was still running Windows.

So any pointers to docs on where to go from here? I poked around
debian.org, but didn't find what I was looking for. For instance, if I
wanted to go from stable to testing or unstable, what is the procedure?

Now if I could just get Linux on the IBM Workpad, we'd be a MS free
house finally. ;)

Rob