[vox-tech] Compiling C into Java bytecode?

Micah J. Cowan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:07:58 -0700

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 06:27:08PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> On Sunday 29 June 2003 02:06 pm, Ken Bloom wrote:
> > Second, their
> > standard libraries have very different names for most things (even
> > something so simple as the sine function has two different incompatible
> > lines to call it in the two different languages - in c it's sin() , and
> > in java it's Math.sine() ). So I can't even copy/paste strictly
> > mathematical functions between the two languages.
>
> Technically, libraries are not part of the language.

Not from the standpoint of your typical language spec (at least for
C). The C standard specifies the standard library as part of the
language; though I seem to recall that C++ seperates them more
distinctly in the language.