[vox-tech] Problem: APT internal error problem

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:03:36 -0700

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

#debian-devel said something short and cryptic about libpam0g in its=20
news (/msg apt news), but I don't know how that relates to this, nor=20
even what it means. (And I'm off to get a job now, so I don't have time=20
to research it more. Let me know what you find out)

On 2003.06.26 16:49, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
> Hello all,
>=20
> I'm seeing something strange here:
>=20
> I just finished installing debian on an old AMD K6/2 300 machine.
> Instead of installing anything in tasksel or dselect during the
> post-boot install script, I went, after the script was finished,
> directly to the root prompt.
>=20
> I then modified my /etc/apt/sources.list file to contain unstable
> sources only. Then, I issued the command apt-get dist-upgrade.
>=20
> Once the new packages were downloaded, I got this error message:
>=20
> "E: Internal Error, could not perform immediate configuration (2) on
> libpam0g"
>=20
> I've googled around for a solution to this problem, but came up empty
> handed. I can install other packages, but everytime I try to do a
> "dist-upgrade", I get this error.
>=20
> Any suggestions as to what to try?
>=20
> --
> R. Douglas Barbieri
> doug@dooglio.net
> http://www.dooglio.net
>=20
> GPG Fingerprint : FE6A 6A57 2B95 7594 E534  BFEE 45F1 9E5E F30A 8A27
> MIT.edu recv-key: F6368A3D
> GPG Public key  : http://www.dooglio.net/dooglio.asc
>=20

--=20
My PGP key was last signed 6/10/2003 please download my key again if
it is more recent than your copy. If you use GPG, *please* talk to
me to sign it. The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu
--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS--