[vox-tech] Problem: APT internal error problem

R. Douglas Barbieri vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
26 Jun 2003 16:49:54 -0700

--=-Ot7xbn3MbPwfMB7R7y2T

Hello all,

I'm seeing something strange here:

I just finished installing debian on an old AMD K6/2 300 machine.
Instead of installing anything in tasksel or dselect during the
post-boot install script, I went, after the script was finished,
directly to the root prompt.

I then modified my /etc/apt/sources.list file to contain unstable
sources only. Then, I issued the command apt-get dist-upgrade.

Once the new packages were downloaded, I got this error message:

"E: Internal Error, could not perform immediate configuration (2) on
libpam0g"

I've googled around for a solution to this problem, but came up empty
handed. I can install other packages, but everytime I try to do a
"dist-upgrade", I get this error.

Any suggestions as to what to try?

--=20
R. Douglas Barbieri