[vox-tech] Moving parts of directory trees between machines

Mike Simons vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:15:33 -0400

--IoFIGPN1N3g1Ryqz

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 03:22:47PM -0700, Richard Crawford wrote:
> Let's say I have 2 servers with identical directory structures like this:

/A/1
/A/2/2a
/A/2/2b
/B/1
/B/2/2a
/B/2/2b

> What I need to do is replace the contents of each directory of the form 2a
> or 2b on Server II with the contents of the corresponding 2a
> subdirectories on Server I.  The trick is that none of the contents of the
> other directories can be replaced... otherwise, I'd just tar up the
> contents of DIRECTORY B on Server I and untar it on SERVER II.
>=20
> If it was just two or three subfolders of the form 2a and 2b on my server,
> it wouldn't be an issue.  But I've got hundreds of the little buggers, and
> I don't want to spend all day doing this.

The description of what you want doesn't quite make sense to me.
It would seem you can use wildcards to select the set of driectories=20
to move... like:

=2E..but need to know more to understand about what you are after.

- Can you run "find -type d" on one of the two servers and trim down
  the results to be an example... flag what you want and don't want
  some way.

I would also recommend using rsync depending on the details.=20

--=20

--IoFIGPN1N3g1Ryqz

--IoFIGPN1N3g1Ryqz--