[vox-tech] How to Break and Join Threads in mutt

Shawn P. Neugebauer vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 08:48:37 -0700

On Friday 20 June 2003 10:50 pm, Mike Simons wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 10:31:10PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > many of use threaded mail readers, and starting a new thread by replying
> > to an existing thread really screws up our threading.
>
>   I agree it is annoying, there are also people who reply to a thread by
> starting a new mail (which will not have the correct references, often
> has a different subject, and has no relevant quotes).
[snip]

I agree---both of these things are annoying.

I think the latter is acceptable if it is *infrequent*.  It may be that one
wants to reply to a message but one does not have access to one's normal
mail system (not everyone is running SquirrelMail on their own domain...)
but still wants urgently to make a point.

shawn.