[vox-tech] Suggestions....?

Fri, 20 Jun 2003 22:27:43 -0700

hi richard,

try not to send an email to vox with a subject of "suggestion" or "a
question" or "help".

every email is archived.  people actually search these archives, not
only through the vox-tech mailing lists, but through google which really
does index our pages.

by naming your email "suggestion" you're depriving people who have the
same question in the future of an answer.  by the same token, you're
making the person who answers your question possibly answer it twice.

here are subjects you should stay away from:

help
a question
a newbie question
a simple question
suggestion
recommendations
BUSINESS PROPOSAL
linux
microsoft
samba
a problem
i have a problem

there are *always* exceptions to a rule of thumb, but a good rule of
thumb that is a first order approximation to truth is your subjects
should never be a single word.   :-)

thanks,
pete

On Thu 19 Jun 03,  3:22 PM, Richard Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com> said:
> Let's say I have 2 servers with identical directory structures like this:
>
> SERVER I
> =====================
> DIRECTORY A
> |-> SUBDIRECTORY 1
> |-> SUBDIRECTORY 2
> |   |-> SUBDIRECTORY 2a
> |   |-> SUBDIRECTORY 2b
> DIRECTORY B
> |-> SUBDIRECTORY 1
> |-> SUBDIRECTORY 2
> |   |-> SUBDIRECTORY 2a
> |   |-> SUBDIRECTORY 2b

snip

On Thu 19 Jun 03,  3:22 PM, Richard Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com> said:
> Let's say I have 2 servers with identical directory structures like this:
>
> SERVER I
> =====================
> DIRECTORY A
> |-> SUBDIRECTORY 1