[vox-tech] good reference source for fstab permissions variables/syntax

Donald Childs vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
02 Jul 2003 14:59:20 -0700

Thanks for all the assistance . I'm able to write to the vfat partition
now, using:

/dev/hdf4    /mnt/fat    vfat user,rw,uid=[user],gid=[workgroup] 0 0

but will go back and add the showexec attribute.

The mount man file, rh8, has a strange remark for the "showexec"
attribute, as well as for sys_immutable, dot, nodots, dotsOK=[yes|no]:

"Various misguided attempts to force unix or dos conventions onto a fat
filesystem."