[vox-tech] Problem - PS/2 port still live after shutdown

D & E Radel vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:40:49 +1300

Hi everyone.

When Linux shutsdown with halt -p, my pc will turn off,
 but Linux won't switch off the power to my PS/2 port. It is
 turned on when X starts, but when X shuts down, or the PC
 is shut down, the port remains on - and my Optical Mouse
 stays on. Light remains glowing, etc.

 .... However, Windows 98SE will shut this down properly
 every time. I have kernel 2.4.20 and have tried enabling ACPI
 and APM. And of course I have an ATX PSU, and nothing weird
 enabled either in cmos or jumpered.

 I know that some boards just have power going through PS/2
 ports after soft shutdown as a feature/bug, but Win98SE manages
 to shut down this one ok.

If someone knows how to fix this, I would really appreciate your
help.

Thanks in advance.
 D.Radel.