[vox-tech] Problem - PS/2 port still live after shutdown

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:46:33 -0800

--4bRzO86E/ozDv8r1

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 03:40:49PM +1300, D & E Radel wrote:
[...]
> When Linux shutsdown with halt -p, my pc will turn off,=20
>  but Linux won't switch off the power to my PS/2 port. It is=20
>  turned on when X starts, but when X shuts down, or the PC=20
>  is shut down, the port remains on - and my Optical Mouse=20
>  stays on. Light remains glowing, etc.
[...]

Hard to say what the problem is without more information. Would you please
post the output of the 'dmesg' command?

--=20
Henry House
The attached file is a digital signature. See <http://romana.hajhouse.org/p=