[vox-tech] [OT] IRQ's under win2k

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:13:06 -0800

bleah.  i can't change it.  did some web surfing, and found information
on it, though.

there are different hardware abstraction layers (HALs) that can be used.
if you install win2k with a HAL of ACPI, you can't change IRQs.  if you
have a HAL of "standard PC", supposedly you can.  i'm using an ACPI HAL.

another page on microsoft's website says there are two ways to go from
an ACPI HAL to a standard PC HAL.

one way is by doing voodoo with the device manager, but they warn you
that your OS probably won't load if you do that.

the other way is to reinstall win2k as an update.  i sure hope that
doesn't mean i have to reinstall all my software.

sigh.  i'll probably try reinstalling.

btw, is there such a thing as non destructively changing NTFS to VFAT?
i hate not being able to write to my windows drive from within linux.

pete