[vox-tech] [OT] IRQ's under win2k

vox-tech@lists.lugod.org vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:53:30 +0000

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 03:13:06PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> btw, is there such a thing as non destructively changing NTFS to VFAT?
> i hate not being able to write to my windows drive from within linux.

Unfortunately, there's not, but check out http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/

They've got working r/w to NTFS by
a) Use Linux ro NTFS driver to mount partition
b) find ntfs.sys file on NTFS drive
c) use Wine-type layer to load ntfs.sys driver to remout drive in r/w

I haven't tried it yet (I reinstalled Win2K on fat32 2 weeks ago) but I've heard it works great. I'm actually considering putting a small NTFS partition on my drive just to play with it.