[vox-tech] Laptop Going to Sleep In Console Mode

Ken Herron vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 03 Dec 2003 09:26:10 -0800

--On Wednesday, December 03, 2003 08:32:18 -0800 Daniel Hurt
<dwhurt@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have a Dell Inspiron 2600 Laptop and I recently noticed a feature
> that is quite annoying and cannot figure out how to turn it off.  When
> working in the console, about every 5 minutes or so, the console will
> go to sleep.  The only way to wake the display back up is to switch to
> tty7 where the X-Windows session is running and then switch back to the
> terminal that I was working on.

Just a guess, but check your X screensaver settings. Maybe display power
management is being activated and shutting off the video hardware.

--
"Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, which cleared
the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was now set for the Alan Parsons

Kenneth Herron        Kherron@newsguy.com       916-366-7338