[vox-tech] "delete from server when deleted locally" for pop email clients

Jonathan Stickel vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 03 Dec 2003 09:05:01 -0800

There is one pop email client feature I value a great deal:  the option
to keep mail on the server _until deleted locally_.  This is extremely
useful when checking email from more than one computer.  The email
clients I know of that do this correctly are Outlook Express, Eudora,
and Calypso.  Mozilla and Netscape do it partially ("delete from server
when moved from the inbox").

I have done exhaustive searches for a Linux supported email client with
this feature, and have found none.  Does anyone know of any?

I know that IMAP email is another option. However, not all email servers
support it, and I find it to be slower and less stable than pop.

Regards,
Jonathan