[vox-tech] boot problems

andy wergedal vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:59:49 -0700

I fixed the problem...

Here are the steps I took.

I pressed Shift "I" to enter interactive mode during the redhat boot process.
I did not allow the pcmcia module to load, but said yes to all the others.
  The machine booted.
I logged in as me and started X
I ran serviceconf and restarted the pcmcia module.
  It worked.

I rebooted just to make sure and the pcmcia module failed again.
I changed my boot user level from 5 to 3 and turned off the pcmcia module.

I rebooted and everything was fine.
I restart the pcmcia module manually now.

Thanks for all y our help.

-- Andy