[vox-tech] Problem with xmms play...

R. Douglas Barbieri vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:56:32 -0800 (PST)

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? I recently had to reinstall my OS
after dealing with a head crash. I apt-get'ed xmms, ran the application,
and when it goes to play an mp3 (weather local or streamed remotely), it
flys through the mp3 without playing any audio. It seems to be playing at
something like 10x speed, but again, no audio. Now, I installed mpg123 and
it plays mp3 files just fine. I am running artsd, so I installed the
xmmsarts package, and I still get this problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to look or what to try?
Thanks!

--
R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net