[vox-tech] Using Linux to print to a WinNT printer from Mac?

Stephen M. Helms vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:00:21 -0700

Ken Bloom wrote:

>But that may not be the end of that idea. Does the Win2K professional version of
>the UNIX print services work as a server, or does it only work as a client?
>
>If it works as a server, then you can use the Macintosh printer setup utility to
>set up a printer that prints to an LPD server running on Windows.

Ken, this is a very good point!  I have not tried to use the Win2k Pro
UNIX print services, so I am not sure how it works.  I am running linux
on my work laptop and our netadmin has Win2k Pro, so I can try it out
when I have time and let you know.

Stephen