[vox-tech] Using Linux to print to a WinNT printer from Mac?

vox-tech@lists.lugod.org vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:17:44 -0700 (PDT)

It looks like it insatlls the same as it installs oin
the server, in which case, you just treat it as you
would a unix printer.

-sp

On Wed, 10 April 2002, "Stephen M. Helms" wrote

> Ken Bloom wrote:
>
> >But that may not be the end of that idea. Does the
Win2K professional version of
> >the UNIX print services work as a server, or does it
only work as a client?

> >If it works as a server, then you can use the
Macintosh printer setup utility to
> >set up a printer that prints to an LPD server
running on Windows.

> Ken, this is a very good point!  I have not tried to
use the Win2k Pro
> UNIX print services, so I am not sure how it works.
I am running linux
> on my work laptop and our netadmin has Win2k Pro, so
I can try it out