[vox-tech] off subjec: PDA showing a copy of Windows screen o n a PDA screen

Nick Donnelly vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:36:08 -0800

Is this a project that you want to put a lot of time into?  If you go
down the wine path, I imagine you will have to then configure an
x-server on a linux based PDA.  While this would be pretty cool and
might enjoy a slick wireless LAN connection to the box running the
app, you might not enjoy the setup process involved.  Or the setup
process might take too much time to be worthwhile.

I don't know if Back Orifice provides remote windowing capability,
but you might look into that.  Also, Win XP is supposed to have a lot
of new remote admin features.  I'm not a Windows expert though...

Good luck with this project--it sounds like it'd be really cool if
you could figure something out.

Nick