[vox-tech] off subjec: PDA showing a copy of Windows screen o n a PDA screen

Roland Minden vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 10:08:41 -0800

Have you tried wine? I have had some good luck with a few applications
recently.
Rusty

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Dunn [mailto:VNDDUNN@lottery.state.ca.us]
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 10:00 AM
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Subject: [vox-tech] off subjec: PDA showing a copy of Windows screen on
a PDA screen

I have an application that must run on windows. (I'll certainly tell the
vendor to begin porting to Linux.) I would like to run a PDA that can view
this window.  Is there software out there that can do this?
For now I'm platform and OS agnostic on PDA.  Also connection is flexible:
LAN, wireless, or serial, ...

What for?  For a 40 foot sailboat.  Want the PC inside the cabin. It runs
GPS chart plotting software - - which shows you where you are versus where
you wanted to be.  Outside at the helm, need a small screen that show the
same info.  Now does this application make sense?

Don Dun