[vox-outreach] LUGOD is signed up for Child Development Conferencein April; volunteers needed!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Apr 24 09:31:41 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 09:25:40AM -0700, Jess wrote:
> I can do some, but I'm not sure how many, as my burner is being
> slooooow, though at least it seems to be working at this point.

Thanks.

> I have about 20 blank discs at my house at this point (which would
> need replacement/reimbursement), and two burned copies of Edubuntu
> 7.10.

Sounds like we can. Thanks, Henry.

> What is the priority in terms of burning?

Use your discretion.

> I'm going to guess that the
> multi-platform Open Source Software CD is going to be the most useful
> option, assuming it contains educational software. Is the ISO
> downloadable, or can I pick up a copy from one of you this evening?

I haven't seen any.  I'm out of town until late tonight, and won't have
time to burn something.  Anyone else here able to burn something that
Jessica can duplicate for us?  If not, I guess... can you download the
ISO yourself?  :)

> The edubuntu laptop has finally been successfully installed, so I'm
> comfortable saying that it will be there now.

Awesome, thanks.

> Has the schedule of who will be volunteering at what times been
> finalized?

Not really but I'm actually starting to put people into the various
timeslots. ;)

> It's looking like I may not be able to be there the whole
> time due to childcare issues, though I can come early enough to drop
> off/set up my stuff and make it a priority to be there when Bill
> can't.

Thanks.  I'm planning to be there first thing to help set up, and
may have William with me, so might have to ditch and go play in the park
when he get fussy.

bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/