[vox-outreach] LUGOD is signed up for Child Development Conferencein April; volunteers needed!

Jess benegesserit at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 09:25:40 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 11:14 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs at sonic.net> wrote:

>  Aside from Chris H., I think only Jessica has offered to maybe burn stuff.
>  Jessica?

I can do some, but I'm not sure how many, as my burner is being
slooooow, though at least it seems to be working at this point.

I have about 20 blank discs at my house at this point (which would
need replacement/reimbursement), and two burned copies of Edubuntu
7.10.

What is the priority in terms of burning? I'm going to guess that the
multi-platform Open Source Software CD is going to be the most useful
option, assuming it contains educational software. Is the ISO
downloadable, or can I pick up a copy from one of you this evening?

The edubuntu laptop has finally been successfully installed, so I'm
comfortable saying that it will be there now.

Has the schedule of who will be volunteering at what times been
finalized? It's looking like I may not be able to be there the whole
time due to childcare issues, though I can come early enough to drop
off/set up my stuff and make it a priority to be there when Bill
can't.

Jessica