[Vox-Outreach] EFF talk press release

Mon, 26 May 2003 03:04:59 -0700

I'm sending a press release and simplified flyer (not the graphics-heavy one
available on lugod.org/documents/flyers/ ) to the following
newspapers:

Davis Enterprise
Davis Food Co-Op   (for their newspaper-style publication)
Sacramento Bee
Sacramento News & Review
Woodland Daily Democrat
Winters Express
The Flatlander     (a free quarterly pub. in Davis)

... and magazines:

California Computer news
WireHed
Sacramento Business Journal
Government Technology          (by, or previously by, the CCN folks;
                                also the group who puts together GTC)

I'm sending paper press releases to get noticed a little more than usual.
(At least, that's the idea.)  I normally e-mail event notices to most of
these publications. [*]

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/

[*] But for some reason, the guy who reads the 'news' address at the
    Daily Democrat asked me to stop e-mailing him.  It's not like I'm
    sending more than about 4 e-mails a _month!_  What the heck is the
    point, if you can't mail events & press releases to the guy!?  >:^(