[Vox-Outreach] GTC final report

Sat, 17 May 2003 02:09:55 -0700

Number of business cards dropped in the bucket (we were raffling off some
stuff O'Reilly sent us):

  73

Total amount of donations given to us:

  $49.65

Number of LUGOD flyers handed out:

  Somewhere around 150

Number of Knoppix discs taken:

  ???

    However many we had burned for GTC, plus leftovers from WEF,
    minus maybe a dozen or so left-over after the show.

    I'm guessing in the 200-300 range!

Thanks to everyone who helped out.  In no particular order:

  Doug Barbieri
    set-up
    staffing
    laptop

  Lee Welters
    set-up
    staffing
    providing table & chairs

  Mike Simons
    supplies transportation (LUGOD's tables, demo computer & a chair)
    staffing
    coordination
    getting us the booth

  Michael Wenk
    CD burns  (tons!)
    staffing

  Rod Roark
    staffing

  Ken Herron
    CD burns

  Jeff Rousch
    CD burns

  Troy Arnold
    CD burns

  Nicole Carlson
    staffing

  Brian Lavender
    staffing
    table covers

  Rob Rogers
    staffing

  Marc Hall
    staffing
    CD burns
    laptop

  Paul Miller
    staffing

  Code Weavers
    trial version of CrossOver Office

  Shawn Gordon, theKompany.com
    free copy of Rekall and tkcRekall software

  Marsee Henon, O'Reilly & Associates
    O'Reilly give-aways

  Sun Microsystems
    OpenOffice.org CDs

  Sharp
    emergency photocopies at the conference

  Starbucks at the Convention Center
    free ice-water for staffers

  GTC
    letting us have the booth!

Hrm... I'm getting pretty tired.  Hopefully I didn't forget anyone or anything!

Our next step is to make sure the raffle winners get the chance to come pick
up what they've won, contact GTC to thank them for the booth, and
follow-up with all of the contacts we made throughout the show!

(Oh... and note to self: put more chairs out at our meetings! ;^) )

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/