[Vox-Outreach] Re:GTC final report

Paul Miller vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 26 May 2003 03:30:38 -0700

All,

>From: Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
>To: LUGOD Outreach <vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org>
>Subject: [Vox-Outreach] GTC final report
>

>Number of business cards dropped in the bucket (we were raffling off some
>stuff O'Reilly sent us):
>
>   73
>

>Total amount of donations given to us:
>
>   $49.65
>

>Number of LUGOD flyers handed out:
>
>   Somewhere around 150
>

>Number of Knoppix discs taken:
>
>   ???
>
>     However many we had burned for GTC, plus leftovers from WEF,
>     minus maybe a dozen or so left-over after the show.
>
>     I'm guessing in the 200-300 range!

The market value in Canada for an OpenOffice.org CD is $13 Canadian/
$9.43 US shipped or in major retail stores as seen here.
http://www.ohdow.com/.

Just thought everyone should know that the global market is beginning
to value Open Source products delivered on CD.  Keep up the great
work!

Best,
Paul