[vox-jobs] Sr System Admin
jeanne.vanpelt at inertiabev.com
Mon Jul 21 12:49:51 PDT 2008
Napa startup seeking a Senior System Administrator to work with a team
that supports the troubleshooting, maintenance and monitoring of an
ASP-model, hosting facility-based e-commerce application, which
currently hosts 270+ customer websites. The position requires a minimum
of five (5) years experience as a Systems Engineer managing Unix/Linux
based systems, FibreChannel SANs, Cisco network equipment and/or OLTP
databases under 7x24 production conditions. The ideal candidate will
have seven to ten years (10) experience.
* Assist with architectural network design, server
farm design, clustered applications and databases design
* Identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware,
backup, storage, and server related issues.
* Anticipate potential problems, make recommendations
and implement solutions with regards to high-availability and change
* Provide 24/7/365 rotational support of production
systems & services.
* Perform daily operational activities around
monitoring and maintenance of production systems as well as provide
visibility of these activities through administrative tools such as
change management, incident management, ticketing systems, etc.
* Identify areas of growth and scalability concerns
and recommend courses of action.
* Work with internal customer service organizations
to help address reliability and availability-related issues.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects
* Detail oriented individual capable of working both
independently and within a team.
* Familiar with SAN and fabric concepts and
understanding of zoning configuration.
* Competent in SAN administration such as creating
volumes, LUN's and multipath configuration.
* Backup support of Windows 2003 / RedHat 5
infrastructure at HQ
Required Skills / Abilities
* Four (4) years recent experience in an operational
role with a 24/7/365 e-commerce production website.
* Five (5) years as System Administrator supporting
30+ servers in a mission-critical environment.
* Three (3) years supporting of RedHat Enterprise
Linux 4+ servers
* Significant expertise in Cisco equipment IOS
programming, including, ASA firewalls, Catalyst switches and CSS load
balancer. Intrusion detection and mitigation experience a plus.
* Extensive bash shell scripting experience, Python a
* Extensive experience with Dell hardware in medium
sized server farms
* Experience with Dell/EMC CLARiiON SANs and storage
* Experience with load-balancing and clustering
technologies at the web, application and database tiers
* Experience with automated install and configuration
* Network security audit and remedy experience
* Solid understanding of backup technologies and
* Must be able to lift 40lbs.
* Must be able to bend, stoop and lift objects
* Postgres and Oracle DBA experience a huge plus:
We're also looking for DBA skills in the area of performance tuning,
table/index & storage design and optimization, data input/output to
multiple syndication partners
* Experience with a SNMP-based network systems
* Possess a personable attitude and can communicate
comfortably with fellow employees.
* Experience with industry standard network
monitoring solutions is desirable.
* Possess an exceptional ability to learn and retain
knowledge in new environments.
* Motivated, accountable, and self-starting member of
Jeanne VanPelt | General Manager
Direct: 707.603.2804 | Fax: 707.224.5184 | Mobile: 707.227.7115 |
Inertia - Powering the Wine REvolution | www.inertiabev.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the vox-jobs