[vox-jobs] Senior Software Engineer, C++, XML, XSLT, Perl, DBI - Menlo Park, CA
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 14:36:39 -0700
Yet another seen on Dice. Another Edgewood Associates posting:
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Skills: C++, XML, XSLT, Perl, DBI
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Pay rate: $90-100
Senior Software Engineer
Confidential Client developing Interactive Games and Interactive
Collaborative Communities. Located in Menlo Park.
We are seeking a bright, self-starting software engineer to build web
based applications and backend services. The ideal candidate combines
expertise in object oriented software development using C++ and Perl
along with a strong background in web based technologies like XML,
* Build scalable web based applications and the backend services which
* Design flexible solutions that support frequent UI and functionality
* Work closely with members of the engineering team to ensure smooth code
integration and system level operation.
* Partner with 2D Artists and Web Developers to deliver complete user
* 5+ years C++ with emphasis on object oriented design
* 2+ years experience with relational databases (MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
* 1+ years experience with high volume web-based applications
* 1+ years experience with Perl (OO Perl, DBI, etc. is a plus)
* Expertise with modern web technologies such as XML, XSLT, HTML, etc.
* Experience running Apache based web applications on Linux is a plus
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Must have good documentation skills and skills/willingness to keep code
and documentation organized.
* Must have a customer-centric philosophy in gathering requirements and
* Must be comfortable working in a small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial
Send resume to SSE@EdgewoodAssociates.com.
Client offers a comprehensive compensation package. Benefits include paid
holiday, vacation and sick leave, medical, dental and vision plans, gym
membership, and 401(k). Client is an equal opportunity employer.
Copyright 2003 Edgewood Associates, LLC.
email@example.com Got kids? Get Tux Paint!