[vox-if] IF Linux discs

Bob Scofield scofield at omsoft.com
Fri Mar 30 11:40:28 PDT 2007

On Friday 30 March 2007 11:08, Christopher James McKenzie wrote:
> If you have the time, burn the modern distros on CD-Rs for tomorrow.
> I'll try to get a full FC 6 but if you could help, that would be great.
>   We also need x64 distros eventually. Thanks

Here's what I have, and what I'll bring:

1)  Kubuntu (CD-RW), which I have to bring since I'm one of the installees.
This is what I want on my laptop.

2)  Debian Testing Net-install March 3, 2007 daily build (CD-R)-

When I downloaded this on March 3rd, Debian no longer had a standard
netinstall download because of something being temporarily outdated.  They
may have a standard netinstall iso now, I don't know.  But I've got the March
3rd daily build.  The problem with these netinstalls is that it takes so long
to download a complete system.  But I suppose someone could do that at home
if they don't get it all downloaded at the Installfest.

3)  Open SuSE 10.2 netinstall (CD-RW).

I love SuSE, but after using Debian for a couple of years I was somewhat
offended by the relatively long licensing agreement.  The SuSE netinstall is
trickier than the Debian net install because you need both an IP address and
the path to the repository.  But I've got both, and will bring them.

I can't make copies of these CD's today.  I'll just bring what I have listed
here.

Bob