[vox-if] Distro Availability

Robert G. Scofield rscofield at afes.com
Sat Jan 15 15:43:14 PST 2005

On Saturday 15 January 2005 13:38, Chris Horsting wrote:

> You mentioned Ubunto and I want to know your opinion on this
> distribution.  How would you compare it to Red hat?  Also, my modem does
> not work with my current linux because the script for does not interact
> well with it. Currently I use xandros. It is a lot like window, but is
> it seems not behave like linux.

I haven't used Red Hat in some years.  I haven't used it regularly since Red
Hat 6.1.  I also haven't used Ubuntu.  I was not interested in installing it.
I've been preoccupied with installing Debian.  And I've been playing around
more with the Knoppix Live CD than I have with the Ubuntu live CD.  Unlike
Knoppix, the Ubuntu CD wouldn't work on my wife's 1997 computer.  It would
keep rebooting.  I have the impression, however, that Ubuntu is becoming
popular.

If no one wants to use the Ubuntu at the Installfest, you can have my copy.

Bob