[vox-if] Potential multi-computer RSVP for school

Rusty Minden vox-if@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:51:59 -0800

I do not know about it, but would love to help out. I am very interested =
in=20
this for my Brother-in-law. 6 kids from junior-high to college. Very litt=
le=20
money (big surprise). A chance to use older computers with no hard drive =
and=20
a single good computer looks like a winner to me.

On Friday 14 November 2003 01:42 pm, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> A fellow wrote in to Rusty:
>
>   I am currently trying to put together several computers for my
>   children's school.  I want to network them all together.  As I aquire
>   components I have been looking at an operating system to install. The
>   safe method would be to install MS but the cost is prohibitive and I
>   just don't like it in general. I am familiar with linux but have neve=
>   installed it. I need to find a linux version  that will be low
>   maintenance and have a good amount of education oriented applications=
=2E
>   Furthermore, since I have never installed it I would need some seriou=
>   help there.  Could you recommend a linux version to use?  Also, when =
>   get these systems together, if I bring all the equipment to an
>   installfest could I arrange with you or someone else to help me
>   configure the whole setup?
>

> Rusty fwd'd that to vox-officers.  I responded by pointing out the K12L=
TSP