[vox] folding at home team!

Timothy D Thatcher daniel.thatcher at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 16:39:06 PDT 2020

https://foldingathome.org/2020/03/15/coronavirus-what-were-doing-and-how-you-can-help-in-simple-terms/

Folding at Home is doing a bit of COVID-19 research, I thought folks may
be interested. For those who aren't familiar, it uses spare CPU and/or
GPU cycles to run protein folding simulations for a variety of medical
research, including Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and Huntington's
Diseases, cancer, and now coronavirus/COVID-19.

If you're participating (or would like to!) I've started a LUGOD team
for anyone who wants to pool up and be counted as a part of the group
- team #235715. There are no particular prizes or benefits, but it
seems like a small thing that anyone can do to contribute a little bit
towards research. Multi-platform software is available at
https://foldingathome.org .

Tim