[vox] Tux Paint 0.9.25 (and happy holidays!)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Dec 28 20:59:33 PST 2020

Happy holidays from the Pacific Northwest.  No snow where I'm at
(southern part of Puget Sound), but winter only just officially
started.

For folks out here with kids, grandkids, nieces/nephews, etc.,
I wanted to share the fact that my volunteer team and I pushed
another version of Tux Paint out the door.  (Twice in a year, wow!)

So far it's available as source-code (fairly easy to build on Linux),
for macOS (10.10 and up -- thanks to LUGOD's very own Mark Kim!),
and Android (5.0 and up).  I'm hopeful we'll soon have RHEL Linux RPMs
and Windows EXE and ZIP builds, as well.

A few "bringing it to the 2020s" features/enhancements have been added,
including:

 * animated GIF export (via the Open -> Slides feature that already
   existed for many years), so you can Tweet, Insta, whatever

 * onscreen keyboard (when using the Text & Label tools) now scales up
   to match the insanely high-resolution monitors people have these days
   (especially useful for coarse input devices, like eye-gaze trackers
   used by folks who can't control a mouse or other hand-based input)

Learn more here: http://www.tuxpaint.org/latest/tuxpaint-0.9.25-press-release-en.php
Download here: http://www.tuxpaint.org/download/
(Source: http://www.tuxpaint.org/download/source/)

Enjoy, and happy new year!